The JPO prepares and publishes translations of all the patent publication for nothing. In order to obtain, follow the steps below.
1. Go to IPDL (English page)
2. Click Patent & Utility Model Gazette DB
3. Enter kind code and number of which translation you’d like to obtain.
When H or M is a single digit year, 0 (zero) needs inputting.
H02 —> OK
H2 —> NG
On the other hand, the Numbers do not require in their heads.
H12-023456 or H12-23456 <—either is OK
H12-0034567 or H12-34567 <—either is OK
*Kind code is a code to the status or the stage of the application you are reaching.
A: Japanese patent application PUBLISHED
Japanese translation of PCT application PUBLISHED
B: Japanese patent application EAXAMINED or PATENTED
C: Japanese specification PATENTED
U: Japanese utility model application PUBLISHED
U1: Japanese utility model application UNEXAMINED
Y: Japanese utility model application EXAMINED
Z: Specification of Japanese utility model application EXAMINED
* Number is a number to identify the application you are reaching.
This should be designated like:
H12-123456 / S56-123456
H means Japanese era of “Heisei”. S means that of “Showa”.
These years correspond to western year as below.
Then, the translation of Abstract of JP-A-2000-123456 is displayed.
5. If you want to obtain the translation of Claims, click DETAIL button.
Then the translation of Claims of JP-A-2000-123456 is displayed.
6. Specification and Drawings are also able to be obtained by clicking here.
*These translations are prepared by automatic mechanical translation, therefore their precision is not guaranteed.
*JP-A-2000-123456 is just an example and hence has no relationship with our firm.